What information does ARC collect?
ARC collects information through use of ARC Sites, including:
- Device Information – We may collect information about devices running ARC Sites, including platform, a unique ARC-generated ID, OS version, IP address, carrier information, and a country code.
- Application Usage Information – We collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage.
- Personally Identifiable Information – We may collect personally identifiable information shared with ARC Sites. Personally identifiable information collected may include information like name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, app usage, user ID, and contact information.
Does ARC collect real time location information?
ARC may collect device location information if location services are enabled for any ARC Sites on the device. We could use location information to provide users of the ARC Sites with information relevant to them based on their location.
How does ARC use information collected from you?
- ARC Internal Use – We use information we collect to help us provide and optimize the services offered on the ARC Sites, and to monitor and improve the ARC Sites and our services.
- Specifically, we may disclose information we collect:
- to third parties as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- to third parties as we deem necessary, based on our good faith belief.
- to protect our rights, user safety, or the safety of others.
- to investigate fraud.
- to respond to a government request.
- to trusted services providers who work on our behalf, who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and who have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in the privacy statement; and iv. to our affiliated companies, and to third parties in conjunction with a merger, acquisition or sale of ARC.
- If ARC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, affected users will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the ARC Sites of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices users may have regarding this information.
Automatic data collection
We automatically collect information about how ARC Sites are used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. This includes details about mobile devices, such as a unique ARC-generated ID for the mobile device. We share anonymous information about use of their respective ARC Sites with third parties, including the way ARC Sites are used, which facilitates improvements to the ARC Sites.
You may opt out of the collection of location information by turning off location services for ARC Sites on your device. You may opt out of the collection of personally identifiable information by not providing that information to ARC Sites.
If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data retention policy, managing your information
ARC will retain information collected throughout the life of each user's use of ARC Sites except where prohibited by law.
If you would like us to delete User Information and Automatically Collected information associated with your record, please contact us at email@example.com
. We will keep anonymous information and may need to retain some identifying information to ensure that your request continues to be honored. Your information will be deleted from our active database but may remain in our archives.
If we are required to maintain certain information about you, we will comply with your deletion request after fulfilling any legal requirements.
The ARC Sites are not designed for use by children, and ARC does not knowingly market to or collect or solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable period of time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of user information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services.
By using the ARC Sites and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S.
Attn: Legal Department
ARC Document Solutions
12657 Alcosta Blvd, Suite 200
San Ramon, CA 94583
Additional California Privacy Disclosures
Effective as of January 1, 2020
If you are a California resident, the processing of certain personal data about you may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable California state privacy laws. Beginning January 1, 2020, the CCPA gives you certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal data (known as “personal information”, as described in under the CCPA).
Personal Information Collected and Processed
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
RIGHT TO KNOW REQUEST - Under the CCPA, you have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
- Categories of and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- Categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
To make a verifiable request for information about the personal information we have collected about you, please email us at email@example.com
RIGHT TO DELETE REQUEST - You also have a right to request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may exercise your right to delete by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOUSEHOLD REQUESTS - We currently do not collect household data. If all the members of a household makes a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, we will respond as if the requests are individual requests.
REQUESTS, GENERALLY - You may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information twice per 12-month period. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
REQUESTS MADE THROUGH AGENTS - You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
You may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com