Tips for Greening Your Company
We'd like to share with you some tips that will help your company's sustainability initiatives through new products, new services, recycled media choices, and green events.
- Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs. They last 10 – 12 times longer and use a quarter of the energy versus incandescent bulbs.
- Update your company vehicle fleet to more fuel efficient models. This change will not only lower your carbon footprint but also save you money on fuel.
- Clean or replace your air filters as recommended. Energy is lost when air conditioners and hot-air furnaces have to work harder to draw air through dirty filters. Cleaning a dirty air conditioner filter can save 5% of the energy use, saving 175 pounds of CO2 per year.
Choose Green Printing Options
- Large format latex color printing technology is 100% recyclable with a wide range of eco-friendly media.
- Use recycled paper and substrates. The cost is down and quality is up from just a few years ago.
- iShipdocs allows you to send your files digitally to the closest print shop to your destination, cutting down on fuel and shipping cost.
- Encourage the use of reusable water bottles in your office.
- Set your printers and copier defaults to print double sided.
- Use a color management program to minimize waste prints.
- Utilize ARC's Managed Print Services (MPS) program to track tracking printing costs and reduce unnecessary printing.
- Make it a quarterly initiative to gather up old electronics and donate them to Goodwill or other organizations that gather and repurpose e-waste.
- Recycle toner cartridges.
- Recycle your waste paper to save trees, energy, water, and landfill space. Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees.
Be Involved with the Community
- Participate in a local park or beach restoration, Arbor Foundation, Green Building Council, etc.
- Host an e-waste event at your office or business park.
- Participate in an upcoming ARC Green Guard event.